I booked a two bedroom suite and specifically requested for a "quiet room" because I am such a light sleeper. Since all the rooms are a/c (air-conditioner) free, the windows are kept open and as such, I was worried that the outside noise would jolt me up from sleep. We were given a room located on the side of the hotel which is very satisfying. I slept like a baby.
I was reminded of the hotel we stayed at in Miami a couple of years ago when we saw our room - smaller but just as impressive!
Located on the right is the bedroom 2 and the bathroom 2. The opened door on the left leads to the master's bedroom with its own bathroom. The three seater sofa in the middle can be converted to a bed (pull-out).
The unit is well equipped with the basic necessities such as a microwave, fridge, and a modern touch screen electric stove top.
They provided cutlery, cups and saucers, plates, bowls, rice cooker, kettle, glasses, and salt and pepper shakers. You'd be given free instant coffee sachets and bottled waters as well. They don't provide cookwares and cooking utensils so bring one if you're planning to cook. Bring a sponge and dish washing liquid as well.
We were obsessing over this chair that is very similar to Regina II Classic Armchair designed by Paolo Rizzato and produced by Poltrona Frau Italy. So comfortable! Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit inside our luggage. Too bad. ☺
The master's bedroom is so cozy!
The sheets are so soft and smelled nice! I forgot to ask the thread count. The bed is incredibly comfortable! It's so hard to get out of bed in the morning. Some of the pillows are goose down which makes the sleeping experience extra good! The rooms are in great condition.
The Master's has an iPod dock, an alarm clock...
...and of course, The Holy Bible
There's also a hair dryer inside one of the drawers too.
All the bedrooms and the living room are furnished with lcd tv's with 24-hour cable. There's also a dvd player in the living room. There's a complimentary wi-fi in the whole building but the signal in the rooms are weak. You have to go out to the hallway to get a better signal.
The bathrooms are pristine. The water's not hot enough though and when the shower from the other bathroom is turned on, the water on the other bathroom gets cold immediately and vise versa.
Toiletries are provided. I like that they are packaged in cute little transparent bottles.
Here are the reasons why we like Azalea Residences Baguio:
1. Location: ARB is peacefully located away from the main road. There is minimal noise disturbance. It's also very near Baguio City's famous spots (Mine's View, Wright Park, The Mansion, Camp John Hay).
2. Kid friendly units: The layout of the units are very convenient for those with kids. It's easy to move around in the rooms. As mentioned, the unit is equipped with a dvd player, an iPod dock, and wi-fi access - the necessities of the modern child. There's a mini-fridge for storing snacks for kids.
3. Building design: We like the lodge design of the building. We wanted to get that feel of being on a mountain.
4. Reasonably priced: The rate per night is expensive but if you total in the cost saving benefits such as cooking your own meals in the unit, then you'll realize that they're more than less reasonably priced. Breakfast buffet is also included. More on this wonderful buffet on my next blog. ☺
5. Food: They serve good food!
6. Staff: The staff are courteous, accommodating, and friendly.
We truly enjoyed our stay at Azalea Residences! Definitely a suite escape! My youngest son was begging me to extend our stay for one more day. We'll definitely go back! Special thanks to Gerwin, Celine, and the housekeeper who told us the new location of Rosebowl Restaurant for being so accommodating.
HOW TO GET THERE: From Kennon Rd., go straight to Governor Pack Rd. then turn right to Governor Center Rd. then take a u-turn to North Drive then you'll hit Leonard Rd. Right after the Laperal Mansion, you'll be able to see an Azalea Residences tarpaulin on your left side. Turn left on that street. Straight ahead is the Azalea Residences.
Out of the maximum 5 ☻:
Cleanliness: ☻☻☻☻Safety and Security: ☻☻☻☻
Azalea Residences Baguio
Leonard Wood Loop, Brgy. M. Roxas, Baguio City, Philippines 2600
Baguio Tel. Nos.: (074) 442-8888 . (074) 424-8164 . (074) 424-8714 (FAX)
Manila Reservations: (02) 579-4890 . (02) 579-4894
Mobile No.: (0917) 861-1641
Thanks for viewing! ☺
DISCLAIMER: We paid for our stay at Azalea Residences. We're not given any comps or freebies before our stay, during, or after. We are not connected with them in any way. Thank you!
PHOTO CREDIT: map taken from http://www.azalea.com.ph/